Cyrus IMAP 2.5.7 Release Notes¶
This is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.5 series.
Refer to the Cyrus IMAP 2.5.0 Release Notes for important information about the 2.5 series, including upgrading instructions.
Download from GitHub:
Changes Since 2.5.6¶
- CVE-2015-8077, CVE-2015-8078: protect against integer overflow in urlfetch range checks
Support for legacy SSLv2 and SSLv3 protocols has been removed
These protocols were previously enabled by default, but could be disabled by removing them from
tls_versionsin imapd.conf(5). They are now completely unsupported.
Administrators needing to support these protocols may find a patch in
contrib/allow-broken-sslv23.patch. With this patch, SSLv2 and SSLv3 will be disabled by default, but can be enabled by adding them to
tls_versions. Users of this patch do so at their own risk.
Support for TLS compression has been removed (thanks Ondřej Surý)
This was previously disabled by default, but could be enabled with
tls_compressionin imapd.conf(5). It is now completely unsupported.
- Fixed: crash in sync_server when built with buggy Sun CC (thanks Jens Erat)
- Fixed bug #3908: crash in ctl_mboxlist -m
- Fixed: setrlimit error on startup
- Fixed task 216: don't break quotas when transferring mailboxes between backends
- Fixed: idled shutdown on platforms without pselect (thanks Thomas Jarosch)
- Fixed: autocreate_sieve now uses
- Fixed bug #3907: cyradm
--cadiroption is now called
--capath, and works (thanks Leena Heino)
- Fixed bug #3905: fix segfault in all daemons when built with
- Fixed: pop3d no longer applies
plaintextloginpauseto TLS connections
- Fixed bug #3866: lmtpd now consults local mailboxes.db first, before mupdate master (thanks Michael Menge)
A number of patches from Debian's repository have been merged. Thanks to the various developers who contributed them to the Debian project, and to Ondřej Surý for collating and sending them upstream.