Cyrus IMAP 3.0.11 Release Notes¶
This is a bug-fix release in the stable 3.0 series.
Refer to the Cyrus IMAP 3.0.0 Release Notes for important information about the 3.0 series, including upgrading instructions.
Download via HTTPS:
Changes Since 3.0.10¶
We’re trialing using the Github Releases feature. If you have trouble downloading this release, please report this to the mailing lists. Thanks!
Data-loss bug fix (Issue #2839)¶
This bug affects upgrades to all Cyrus IMAP 3.0.x releases prior to 3.0.11, where mailboxes have existed from 2.3 and earlier.
Specifically, mailboxes that either:
- still have an index version less than 8, or
- previously had an index version less than 8, but were upgraded to a newer index version by Cyrus IMAP 2.4 or 2.5, or
- previously had an index version less than 8, but were upgraded to a newer index version by some earlier Cyrus IMAP 2.3.x versions (unknown which)
may contain message records with an unitialised modseq of 0.
Some later versions of 2.3.x (unknown which) would rewrite modseqs of 0 to 1 while upgrading indexes. If one of these versions was used to upgrade the index, then there will no longer be message records with a modseq of 0.
This behaviour was removed during pre-2.4 refactors, so Cyrus IMAP 2.4 and 2.5 do not replace modseq of 0 when upgrading indexes.
A new API introduced in Cyrus IMAP 3.0.0 resulted in index records with a modseq of 0 being completely ignored (therefore invisible to users, and apparently “missing”). This includes the reconstruct utility, which means that attempting to fix the “missing messages” by running reconstruct will ignore (and maybe remove) the existing index records, and then “rediscover” the message files on disk and add new records for them (without the index-only data from the old record, like seen state and other flags).
Cyrus IMAP 3.0.11 no longer ignores these records.
- Fixed Issue #2777: rm and rsync binary locations are now detected during configure, rather than just hardcoded as /bin/rm and /usr/bin/rsync
- Many documentation enhancements (thanks Дилян Палаузов, Christoph Moench-Tegeder, Xavier Guimard)
- Fixed Issue #2795: failing unit test on PPC (32-bit, Big Endian)
- Fixed Issue #2817: build failure with ICU 64
- Fixed: removed old limit of 20 delayed-delete subfolders (mailing list discussion)
- Fixed Issue #2831: httpd version info footer formats LibXML version correctly (thanks Дилян Палаузов)
- Fixed Issue #2832: httpd no longer crashes on timezone propfind for nonexistent mailbox (thanks Дилян Палаузов)